On 21st May, the UW rector issued a new order on rules for studying and working at UW. Online teaching and learning will continue, except classes which cannot be conducted remotely. It is possible to work from home, according to a duty system or flexible working hours. The health, safety and well-being of members of the UW community remain the university’s priority.
The document issued by the rector includes rules for studying and working at UW. Measures brought in by UW aim to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the UW community.
Taking into consideration the current situation in the country, Prof. Marcin Pałys, the UW rector, has decided to introduce the following changes regarding:
- Online classes for students, doctoral candidates, post-diploma learners will be extended until the end of 2019/2020 academic year;
Exception: Classes which need to be conducted on-site, e.g. laboratory classes or practical classes;
- Practical classes schedules being part curricula will be introduced;
- Student camps which are not part of curricula are suspended;
- Exams and defences of theses need to be conducted remotely, according to the adjusted academic schedule;
- Exams conducted on-site need to be suspended.
- Employees can work remotely;
Exception: Staff responsible for occupational health and safety at the University of Warsaw, the university’s operation, and the protection of the university’s possessions.
- There is a possibility to work according to a duty system or to have flexible working hours;
Heads of units make decisions on the organisation of work in their units.
Regulations being still in force:
- Suspension of business travels abroad and participation in domestic conferences of employees, doctoral candidates, students and post-diploma learners of the university. It applies until 30th June;
- Cancellation of open events such as conferences, symposiums, lectures, including courses of the Open University of the University of Warsaw, artistic performance sand other meetings of this type organised by the University of Warsaw as well as events organised by external entities at the premises of the University of Warsaw. It applies until 31st August;
- Suspension of accommodating new students in residence halls and other facilities, and prohibition from visiting these places. It applies until 30th June.
The rector’s order also includes information on:
- The operations of UW premises such as the University of Warsaw Library, sports facilities, creche, kindergarten or canteen;
- Instruction what to do in case of suspected coronavirus cases among students, doctoral candidates and employees.
The document comes into force on 25th May.
View the rector’s order (in Polish) >>
In line with rector’s order as of 21 May, all employees, doctoral candidates and students are obliged to comply with the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate’s guidance, instructions and recommendations issued by the rector, chancellor and heads of university units.
Due to the changing situation, we recommend you to follow the UW website, where you can find information on:
- The organisation of foreign language certification exams;
- Adjusted academic schedule;
- Rules for conducting examinations remotely;
- Remote defense of theses.